RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  32.3 KB

Quite a zoom on that camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rohn View Post
    Quite a zoom on that camera...
    Indeed. That's some pretty extreme foreshortening distortion created by a serious zoom lens, combined with a disorientingly low perspective.

But, that's definitely the Detroit Edison [[DTE) building looming back there. It couldn't be anything else, and I remember seeing it clearly from that block back in the '70s. In fact, right about the time this photo must have been taken.

I wonder if this is a Tony Spina [[longtime Free Press photographer) shot? He loved to play around with lenses and perspectives in this way.

Anyway, thanks for posting the picture. Really nice to see the ol' Third St. 'strip' again, with Anderson's and the Willis Show Bar in the foreground, and the dreaded Sweetheart and, is that Jumbo's I see?, off in the distance. I lived just up the street then, and I had an LTD too, just like that third car in line [[hey, wait a minute...)
    Last edited by EastsideAl; February-19-16 at 06:43 PM.