Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    If one buys the premise they are being manipulated then you have a point. I don't buy it one bit. People want space and privacy and they left city life to have that. I don't say one way of life is better than another; it is nice to have a choice.

Btw good stores grocery or otherwise left because of safety and theft, not to manipulate unwitting citizens.

Schools are closing because enrollment continues to shrink and the school system is broke.

I am sympathetic to the elimination of bus service_ again no money.
    Some of the public schools were closed earlier in the decade for the so-called reason of low test-scores and inadequate teachers and principals not lack of students. Books sitting in warehouses while Womack and others on the board could not give an answer. That causes parents to pull their children out of the public schools which resulted in low enrollment. It is called Cause and Effect. As well as space and privacy Grosses Point, Royal Oak, Birmingham, etc has more stores that are accessable by pedestrians to go into from the sidewalks rather than walking across a big parking lot where they don't have a car to park in. The people in those community had made sure they everything were easy acess where the residents could leave there cars at home and walk to it. Detroit, in the past 20yrs wasn't designed like that. Read what I just written and you and others could see theMANIPULATION that was done to move residents out of detroit for the so CHOICES that weren't provided to them.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Some of the public schools were closed earlier in the decade for the so-called reason of low test-scores and inadequate teachers and principals not lack of students. Books sitting in warehouses while Womack and others on the board could not give an answer. That causes parents to pull their children out of the public schools which resulted in low enrollment. It is called Cause and Effect. As well as space and privacy Grosses Point, Royal Oak, Birmingham, etc has more stores that are accessable by pedestrians to go into from the sidewalks rather than walking across a big parking lot where they don't have a car to park in. The people in those community had made sure they everything were easy acess where the residents could leave there cars at home and walk to it. Detroit, in the past 20yrs wasn't designed like that. Read what I just written and you and others could see theMANIPULATION that was done to move residents out of detroit for the so CHOICES that weren't provided to them.
    Then you should be upset with Detroit city planners, not cars or their makers. The citizens don't seem to care. I don't buy it as manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    Then you should be upset with Detroit city planners, not cars or their makers. The citizens don't seem to care. I don't buy it as manipulation.
    City planners who probably in the back pockets of the big 3 especially GM

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    City planners who probably in the back pockets of the big 3 especially GM

Bullshit. Your paranoid. There is simply zero evidence historically or otherwise never was never has been.