Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to take a beating for this, but I'm going to ask the question anyways.
What was your thought process concerning the photos on your FB page? Not that you posted a photo of yourself, but how they are presented. Considering what happened to you, there's a really wierd artsy, fashion magazine quality to the photos.
I appreciate the question. We were asked by a painter friend of ours if she could photograph Jackie for a painting. She wanted Jackie to dress up and so we decided to have a picture taken together, since we don't dress up as much as we would like. The photos with the blood were taken as soon as we arrived home from the hospital. We felt it was important that people learned what happened in our neighborhood. As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". The "fashion" photos were taken the next day. We decided from the beginning that this incident was not going to ground our spirits from flying and that we would make something positive come from it. Jackie is an actress and I work in the visual and performing arts. We will always respond to challenges and hardships with imagination and creativity. Our lives are what we make them and we can't have an adventure without stories. Sometimes the stories are hard to bare, but as long as we understand that they are our stories we will bring to them everything we have - all that we feel, fear and love, all that we create and all that we can imagine to make our lives and the lives of others as awesome as life can possibly be.