Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I think Women's Hospital is Hutzel, not Art Center. According to what I posted, Art Centre was converted from someone's home into Art Centre.
    Th old hospital on Jeffersonin beautiful building was Blain Hspital. Alsothere as Jennns

Quote Originally Posted by BillRush View Post
    Th old hospital on Jeffersonin beautiful building was Blain Hspital. Alsothere as Jennns
    Jennings was the name of the hospital on Jefferson at Seyburn, which eventually became St. John Riverview. It's 2009 closing is mentioned at the beginning of this thread. The building is still there, but empty. The nearby and newer clinic building still has several doctor's offices though I think. I had several childhood injuries tended to and stitched up at Jennings.

There were several small hospitals along Jefferson east of downtown. There was Lakeside General, which was right next to the Palms Apartments and at one time included the adjacent 1868 Parker house at 975 E. Jefferson [[that now houses a law firm). Then there was the Blain Clinic across from Dubois and the Pasadena Apartments. That building is still there too, but I think it's empty now. Further down at Joseph Campau on the south side of the street, where the Staples is now, was Doctor's Hospital. Back on the north side of the street to the west of the Players was Deaconess Hospital.