Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I’m wasn’t saying the fans turning on Yzerman thing is right or wrong or good or bad or anything. What I was trying to assert was that Detroit sports fans are not dumb, and they don’t have a lot of patience either. If the Wings keep getting blown out of the buildings every night with no signs of any type of progress what so ever [[as is the case now) the bloom might come of the rose sooner then you think.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I’m wasn’t saying the fans turning on Yzerman thing is right or wrong or good or bad or anything. What I was trying to assert was that Detroit sports fans are not dumb, and they don’t have a lot of patience either. If the Wings keep getting blown out of the buildings every night with no signs of any type of progress what so ever [[as is the case now) the bloom might come of the rose sooner then you think.
    Well, patience or not, if they expect Yzerman to turn a last place team around in 6 months or a year then they are dumb. That doesn't mean they should spend money to go to games. If they want to wait until the team is better, that's of course up to them. Pistons & Tigers fans certainly have decided to stay home. At least Yzerman gets a head start on the rebuild.