Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
That's not hard to fix.
it is an impossible fix as it's not grade separated and there is no state buy-in to allow it to be. It's never not going to be subject to the whims of Detroit drivers that seem to think flipping on the hazard lights confers immunity to traffic laws.

I'm fine with it begin a total bust as a actual transit option...but it doesn't even do the role of a Illitchtown/gilbertville parking shuttle because it's stuck in the same traffic everyone else is anytime there is an event or literately ANYTHING going on downtown.

Incorrect analogy. The Q Line is a piece of infrastructure. The analogy would be the road. Do you build the road for the bus to operate on? Do you build the tracks for a train to operate on?
the road was built for cars and buses... the trolley is an inefficient use of that infrastructure as currently built as we're running buses along the same route that travel faster, more frequently and aren't dependent on the lane they are in staying free of obstacles.

This is an extremely short amount of time to actually judge the effectiveness of the project. That train line could be there for the next century. Many of the rail transit lines operating in the U.S. today were started in the 19th century.
The q line will be lucky to run 20 years. I see no support for it's continued operations once the private money runs out. But ..sure, lots of rail lines are old. Funny how the qline ignored the century of learnings about how to build an efficient and workable solution and went with the trolley model.

look the whole thing just seems like a miss. but that's just me...someone that actually would like to use it but can't because I need to actually arrive at the place I'm trying to get to on time... or at least with an understanding about when I might arrive.

And right on cue... I'm looking out my window at the trolley stuck behind a double parked truck. repeatedly blowing that silly horn isn't going to get the guy to move his truck...can't the driver see the truck has his hazard lights on!?!?!