Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I'm trying to get a feel for this area.

It obviously isn't Wayne State. It will be a distance from the arena.

What other development is around it?
    The DMC and medical campus

Quote Originally Posted by innercitydoc View Post
    The DMC and medical campus
    I really struggle understanding this area which is somewhat south of Wayne and north of the 'arena district'.

Someone can give me a street address say on W. Alexandrine and I don't know if there is a quality building there OR a gutted shell [[and, of course, the two could coexist a 100 yard apart).

In other words, the three 'transitional' [[west of Woodward) zones are [[I think???):

1). WSU area, primarily residential expanding southward to say W. Alexandrine.

2). The DMC, Medical Center area west of Woodward expanding south toward MLKjr. Blvd.

3). The "Arena District" which should eventually expand north to MLKjr Blvd.

Is this how others view development/redevelopment in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I really struggle understanding this area which is somewhat south of Wayne and north of the 'arena district'.
    I'm struggling to understand what it is about this area you're struggling to understand, and why this lack of understanding is apparently so bothersome for you. Maybe just go there and walk around? Or stop worrying about it and find something else to do?