Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    So the geriatric business failure digs his heels in and goes against the city charter.

And of the course the media savages the council.

It's gonna be hilarious watching an incumbent black mayor lose to a white candidate. [[Doesn't matter an iota to me. It'll just shut up the "Detroit won't elect white." mental midgets.)
    I don't see it that way...

- I agree that Bing has f'd up the politics behind this.
    - I also agree that he will probably lose to Duggan, whom I think I'll support
    - I also think City Council is no longer holds legal relevance now that the consent agreement is in place. Yes, their voices should be heard...but I don't believe that they have the authority to negotiate contracts. They can either approve them to get the bond money, or they can reject them and see if Bing [[or his replacement) digs in.

What's not getting out into the public is that a stalemate between Council and Mayor will always go to the Mayor because of our desperate need for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I don't see it that way...

- I agree that Bing has f'd up the politics behind this.
    - I also agree that he will probably lose to Duggan, whom I think I'll support
    - I also think City Council is no longer holds legal relevance now that the consent agreement is in place. Yes, their voices should be heard...but I don't believe that they have the authority to negotiate contracts. They can either approve them to get the bond money, or they can reject them and see if Bing [[or his replacement) digs in.

What's not getting out into the public is that a stalemate between Council and Mayor will always go to the Mayor because of our desperate need for cash.
    It's not about the council. He also announced the lighting authourity when that's a state legislative issue.

Whether city council has authority to approve contracts, is just a figure head organization is neither here or there. I'm not a lawyer or politician and have no interest in that conversation.

This is about Dave Bing who consistently shows he either really doesn't know the rules or believes he doesn't have to follow them.

He did it with the Woodward Light Rail. He told the investors how he was going to be spending their money.

He does it with his rightsizing plan [[which is a fucking stupid doomed to fail plan anyway). He again makes a ton of announcements, fights with the investors behind it, and when Snyder and state/federal agencies announce immediate action he throws a hissy fit.
    Last edited by brizee; November-25-12 at 11:18 PM.