Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Your entrance essay is a very big deal when applying to U of M. I'm curious what was written. It's not spoken of in the article and it says a lot about who you are, why it's important to be a part of U of M and what you hope to accomplish.

The ACT score is low if you come from decent performing schools, but probably acceptable and understandable in challenged school settings. I know plenty of my classmates got in with 24's and 25's but I don't think this is a very big composition of admissions. Neither is GPA when it's 3.5 or higher. Though you'll want to be at the top if you come from a high performing school.

Did I mention the essay?

I think the protest is the wrong way to go about this. The news will die off in a few days, the university won't budge except for a media comment. It's certainly a real challenging issue....but couching it based on a rejection letter seems hardly the right way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Your entrance essay is a very big deal when applying to U of M. I'm curious what was written. It's not spoken of in the article and it says a lot about who you are, why it's important to be a part of U of M and what you hope to accomplish.

The ACT score is low if you come from decent performing schools, but probably acceptable and understandable in challenged school settings. I know plenty of my classmates got in with 24's and 25's but I don't think this is a very big composition of admissions. Neither is GPA when it's 3.5 or higher. Though you'll want to be at the top if you come from a high performing school.

Did I mention the essay?
    But she came from what is claimed to be the top charter school in the city. Why would one need to adjust her grades and scores up? I mean charters are here to save us from sub par DPS right?

Re her essay, from the articles, apparently she wrote her essay[[s) on her dream to end racism.
    Last edited by bailey; April-25-14 at 09:00 AM.