Quote Originally Posted by believe14 View Post
Five years ago I was still going to Wings, Tigers and Lions games. Detroit certainly doesn't FEEL any different to me in 2014. There's certainly a lot of media hype telling me otherwise, but it's still ghost town at night/weekends unless a game is going on. Last I checked they're still giving college grads rental subsidies to sign leases. I've seen fringe neighborhoods in Chicago COMPLETELY transform in 5 years. With all due respect, I think some of you need more travel under your belt if you think the changes in Detroit are that impressive.

Furthermore, I guarantee you his real estate holdings are bleeding him every month. A confident guy making tons of cash developing property isn't taking a jab at the Pistons.
If it doesn't feel any different to you, come hang with me for one day and you'll see a real difference before lunchtime. The problem is you've NEVER spent enough time down here to know, understand, or appreciate anything tangible about Detroit. Going to sporting events isn't going to help you grasp a thing. And with all due respect, I just moved back here after living in Chicago for 5 years, so if anyone has some perspective on your "argument" it's me. What fringe neighborhoods COMPLETELY transformed in 5 years?