Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

If Ziggy doesn't see significant playing time and the Lions don't at least factor into a playoff spot. Schwartz and Mayhew should be fired the next day after the Super Bowl. You figure if they are with this guy for a whole week for the Senior Bowl and can't evaluate talent then we have the wrong people in charge. However I will reserve judgment and see how this season plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    If Ziggy doesn't see significant playing time and the Lions don't at least factor into a playoff spot. Schwartz and Mayhew should be fired the next day after the Super Bowl. You figure if they are with this guy for a whole week for the Senior Bowl and can't evaluate talent then we have the wrong people in charge. However I will reserve judgment and see how this season plays out.
    I think all of the Lions fans are in the same reserved boat. While some of the national pundits are raving about the Ansah pick, we're a little more guarded nowadays. No knock against last year's draft but we didn't see our team improve significantly after that pick- those players were used sparingly and the record showed it.

I think all of us here would love it if Ansah were to develop into the next great All Pro caliber defensive lineman, but that could take a few years. What worries me is the lack of veterans on that line to help him along. Jason Jones is our most experienced guy up front now. A lot is going to be placed on the shoulders of the defensive line coach Kris Kocurek now. Yes, we get that Ansah is a measured gifted elite athlete, but the intangibles between the ears are going to be put to the test soon when he lines up opposite a battle tested offensive lineman. I fear that he's going to be the next Kalimba Edwards and quietly hope he's going to be an upgrade of Cliff Avril.