Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm glad we got this debate going over whether Detroit's leadership is left-leaning or just corrupt or just corrupt people happen to be Democrats, yet I have still yet to get any information on Virg Bernero and his platform and why he'd make a good governor. After all, he is the subject of the thread, right? And I'm the one that's a "C" student even though I don't totally support either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I'm glad we got this debate going over whether Detroit's leadership is left-leaning or just corrupt or just corrupt people happen to be Democrats, yet I have still yet to get any information on Virg Bernero and his platform and why he'd make a good governor. After all, he is the subject of the thread, right? And I'm the one that's a "C" student even though I don't totally support either party.

I understand where you are coming from, but remember he hasn't put his platform out there for the governors office.He has not officially made an annoucement that he would run. All we can determine at this time is based on what he might do, using his performance as mayor of Lansing and the state legislature as a guide. I believe the reason he is even looking at a governor's run at this time is because Obama's people feel that Cherry is un-electable and they don't want to give the republicans the governorship back without a fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_Bernero

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I believe the reason he is even looking at a governor's run at this time is because Obama's people feel that Cherry is un-electable and they don't want to give the republicans the governorship back without a fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_Bernero
    You make a good point with that sentence. The Democrats want to keep all of the positions they hold now and hope to gain more.