Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Stoch says, "Yes, always. At least to mainstream America, anyway. Paul's little shitfest in 07' basically amounted to nothing more than a fundraiser for his run for president. And don't you know that the unfortunate symbolism that Ron created got the attention of the republican party, and the Koch and Murdoch empires? They know a fucking bonanza when they see it."

Paul's fundraiser has nothing to do with the direction this "movement" [[as in bowel) has taken, take your head out of your ass, please.
    Stosh you are very good in the anal name calling [[shitfest, bowel movement, head out of ass within four sentences) department but short of facts. When I previously claimed the modern tea party movement started as a Ron Paul fundraiser you replied, "Bullshit. The Tea Party has and always will be a republican construct." . When I posted a 2007 tea party video proving my point and challenged you to prove yours, you could only muster namecalling and a fuzzy concept about the Koch brothers.

"Lies from wikipedia", inserted by you, tells me all I need to know about your character. The key phrase, last week, in relation to Soros and Koch, is quite the stretch of the point. The Koch brothers already planted the seed money long before last week.
    The choice of the word 'lies' is a reference to your earlier comment," Please don't post more of your lies without substantial proof otherwise, OK?" The wikipedia article verifies what you had previously called 'lies.' But congratulations anyway for struggling through an entire sentence without anal references.

I was referring to George Soros as the person who wrote a check for $100M just last week. It was his latest contribution. More power to him. My point, which you misconstued, was that all your problems are not the fault of the Koch brothers and to be of good cheer because billionaires on your side like Buffet and Soros regularly make their political, economic, social contributions too.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Stosh you are very good in the anal name calling [[shitfest, bowel movement, head out of ass within four sentences) department but short of facts. When I previously claimed the modern tea party movement started as a Ron Paul fundraiser you replied, "Bullshit. The Tea Party has and always will be a republican construct." . When I posted a 2007 tea party video proving my point and challenged you to prove yours, you could only muster namecalling and a fuzzy concept about the Koch brothers.
    Bullshit. fight shit with shit, that's my motto. Don't like it? Tough shit. I did prove it. Below the post. Your turn

The choice of the word 'lies' is a reference to your earlier comment," Please don't post more of your lies without substantial proof otherwise, OK?" The wikipedia article verifies what you had previously called 'lies.' But congratulations anyway for struggling through an entire sentence without anal references.
    Anal is as anal does.

I was referring to George Soros as the person who wrote a check for $100M just last week. It was his latest contribution. More power to him. My point, which you misconstued, was that all your problems are not the fault of the Koch brothers and to be of good cheer because billionaires on your side like Buffet and Soros regularly make their political, economic, social contributions too.
    Not my problem. At least he didn't get rich supporting Stalin.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...alin_20100418/

Stosh Guest

Stosh Guest

Oh right... my bad, you said Republican ties to the tea party before 2007 right?

The Shoemaker and the Tea Party: Memory and the American Revolution - Page 196

Alfred Fabian Young - 2000 - 262 pages - Preview
    The contest for the symbolism of the tea party goes on. In April 1998, two Republican congressmen prepare to dump a copy of the federal tax code from the tea party ship as two protesters shout, "Your tax will sink the working family. ...
    books.google.com - More editions

http://books.google.com/books?id=4__...rty%22&f=false

The Republican years: the Scranton-Shafer era of change and ...
    No cover image
    Paul B. Beers - 1971 - Snippet view
    The Philadlephia Republican chairman, of all people, William J. Devin, said business should be paying 46 percent of the .... Out in Boston, Penna., near Pittsburgh, 250 rebellious taxpayers staged a second Boston Tea Party, paddling a ...
    books.google.com - More editions

http://books.google.com/books?id=6Sp...rty%22&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=1rX...rty%22&f=false

[quote=Stosh;180382]Oh right... my bad, you said Republican ties to the tea party before 2007 right?

Sort of. My quote from post 31 was, "The recent Tea Party movement began as Ron Paul fundraisers in 2007." The subject of the sentence was "The recent Tea Party movement". In post 38 I added, "All you have to do is show us some Republican use of the Tea Party theme preceeding 2007. Remember that Bush and the neo-cons were in charge prior to 2007 and that Republicans, for the most part, were supporting Bush's spending, annual debts, and wars like Democrats are today. " You did provide instances of feminists and Republicans citing tea bags and tea parties prior to 2007, which is a good start, but you failed to show any significant tea party movement activity before 2007. As a 'movement', it didn't exist during the Bush years when neocons ruled the Republican party. The tea party movement was, in fact, partly a fiscally conservative rebellion against what Bush and Republicans had been doing.

Jimaz, I enjoyed your article. To just imagine that a businessman would have accepted money for his services from bad people like Stalin! shame! shame! Where was jimmy Carter when we needed him? Some US wheat farmers went bankrupt because of Carter's embargo grain embargo against the Soviet Union for conducting a war in Afghanistan. Lucky for those farmers too. Otherwise they would have had to accept Soviet money for their wheat.

Stosh Guest

[quote=oladub;180425]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Oh right... my bad, you said Republican ties to the tea party before 2007 right?

Sort of. My quote from post 31 was, "The recent Tea Party movement began as Ron Paul fundraisers in 2007." The subject of the sentence was "The recent Tea Party movement". In post 38 I added, "All you have to do is show us some Republican use of the Tea Party theme preceeding 2007. Remember that Bush and the neo-cons were in charge prior to 2007 and that Republicans, for the most part, were supporting Bush's spending, annual debts, and wars like Democrats are today. " You did provide instances of feminists and Republicans citing tea bags and tea parties prior to 2007, which is a good start, but you failed to show any significant tea party movement activity before 2007. As a 'movement', it didn't exist during the Bush years when neocons ruled the Republican party. The tea party movement was, in fact, partly a fiscally conservative rebellion against what Bush and Republicans had been doing.

Jimaz, I enjoyed your article. To just imagine that a businessman would have accepted money for his services from bad people like Stalin! shame! shame! Where was jimmy Carter when we needed him? Some US wheat farmers went bankrupt because of Carter's embargo grain embargo against the Soviet Union for conducting a war in Afghanistan. Lucky for those farmers too. Otherwise they would have had to accept Soviet money for their wheat.
    To credit Ron Paul with the creation of anything original is just asshattish. My posts are to illustrate that the idea of wrapping yourself with the cache of the original tea party has always been tried, yet the results have been severly lacking. What we are witnessing today is not any relation to the original tea party.

What the other tea party bozos were lacking were FUNDING for their message. Which leads us back to Murdoch, and the Koch brothers. You can flail about all you want, and wave your arms and scream about Ron Paul, but the facts are facts. He's a nutjob, and so are the tea party fanatics.

Be careful what you wish for, oladub, you just may get it.

Stosh: "To credit Ron Paul with the creation of anything original is just asshattish. My posts are to illustrate that the idea of wrapping yourself with the cache of the original tea party has always been tried, yet the results have been severly lacking. What we are witnessing today is not any relation to the original tea party.

What the other tea party bozos were lacking were FUNDING for their message. Which leads us back to Murdoch, and the Koch brothers. You can flail about all you want, and wave your arms and scream about Ron Paul, but the facts are facts. He's a nutjob, and so are the tea party fanatics."
    Actually, the originality should go to his supporters whose 'moneybombs' commemorated the tea party and Guy Fawkes Day and had a campaign blimp. Other campaigns, including Democrats, have picked up on the moneybomb concept. The Tea Party concept was reformated into something you don't like. Still no takers on the campaign blimp concept though. But you must have had more fun chanting about undefined change. Pity. You wound up with more war, higher unemployment, greater federal debt, and what seems to be a listing ship.

Be careful what you wish for, oladub, you just may get it.
    I'll keep wishing. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    ... At least he didn't get rich supporting Stalin.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...alin_20100418/
    Most interesting article I've read all week. Thanks!

-In reply Stosh post #42

Stosh, much better.

The first link is from 2006 and shows a sign saying Texas Tea Party but I couldn't hear anything linking the sign to the Republican Party naybe because the audio was bad

Links two, six, and nine reference feminists using the tea party theme, not the Republican Party unless you equate pre Republican party feminist concerns with Republicans.

The fourth link refers to the fifty third congress in the 1890's if you want to deem that the modern tea party movement.The seventh link refers to the anti-corn law tea party in 1842 before the Republican Party existed.

The only two links which make your point are the third and fifth links. The third link does make your point. A right wing disk Jockey in Detroit did suggest throwing tea bags at offending politicians. The fifth link also makes your point mentioning Howard Jarvis's mention of the tea party and another anti-big government reference. So, you are right in that there were at least two mentions of the tea party and tea bags in the last couple of decades before Ron Paul made it a major theme in his 2008 campaign and the rhetoric and symbolism flowed into post election tea party rallies.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    -In reply Stosh post #42

Stosh, much better.

The first link is from 2006 and shows a sign saying Texas Tea Party but I couldn't hear anything linking the sign to the Republican Party naybe because the audio was bad

Links two, six, and nine reference feminists using the tea party theme, not the Republican Party unless you equate pre Republican party feminist concerns with Republicans.

The fourth link refers to the fifty third congress in the 1890's if you want to deem that the modern tea party movement.The seventh link refers to the anti-corn law tea party in 1842 before the Republican Party existed.

The only two links which make your point are the third and fifth links. The third link does make your point. A right wing disk Jockey in Detroit did suggest throwing tea bags at offending politicians. The fifth link also makes your point mentioning Howard Jarvis's mention of the tea party and another anti-big government reference. So, you are right in that there were at least two mentions of the tea party and tea bags in the last couple of decades before Ron Paul made it a major theme in his 2008 campaign and the rhetoric and symbolism flowed into post election tea party rallies.
    What about the other ones?