Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Who did I begrudge??? I was just trying to figure out what the intent was. You have to admit, it's not exactly a conventional approach. Pardon me for trying to learn something. Would you be more at-ease if I just drank the Kool-Aid that the News prints, and make the crass, overgeneralized assumption that "store + Detroit = good"?

Maybe you all could relax your overly-defensive postures once in a while and appreciate that. Not everything is a personal affront, folks.

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Who did I begrudge??? I was just trying to figure out what the intent was. You have to admit, it's not exactly a conventional approach. Pardon me for trying to learn something. Would you be more at-ease if I just drank the Kool-Aid that the News prints, and make the crass, overgeneralized assumption that "store + Detroit = good"?

Maybe you all could relax your overly-defensive postures once in a while and appreciate that. Not everything is a personal affront, folks.
    Not "everything" may be a personal affront, but we've heard enough bullshit from you in the past to roll our eyes about yet another pontification from out of state. Maybe you should spend a little more time contemplating how you phrase questions before posting on here. You may have wanted clarification, but your post came across as insulting and demeaning.

Actually one of the most interesting "pop up", or temporary retail stores ever in Detroit was the Holiday Bazzar set up on the Main Floor of Hudson's back in 1992.

As I recall generators were brought in to power up the floor as the buildings electric system was pretty well destroyed by then.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by krapug1 View Post
    Actually one of the most interesting "pop up", or temporary retail stores ever in Detroit was the Holiday Bazzar set up on the Main Floor of Hudson's back in 1992.

As I recall generators were brought in to power up the floor as the buildings electric system was pretty well destroyed by then.

Ken
    Wasn't something similar done with the first PURE DETROIT, in a tiny SE corner of the David Whitney Building on Woodward Ave., after the building had already closed?