Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    If I were a teacher I'd sure want to be armed. Most teachers with common sense do I imagine. However, school librarians insist their firearms come with silencers.
    You must not know any teachers. I know quite a few and all have expressed the opposite opinion, I guess they all lack common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    You must not know any teachers. I know quite a few and all have expressed the opposite opinion, I guess they all lack common sense.
    I bet there are number of teachers from Sandy Hook Elementary and Douglas Stoneman High School that second guessed that belief.

I don't believe that arming teachers is the answer, but it makes more sense than banning the AR-15 and assuming doing so will end or reduce the number of school shootings. Especially when said firearm is used is less than .5% of all firearm related homicides and the deadliest school shooting in U.S history didn't even involve one.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; February-28-18 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I bet there are number of teachers from Sandy Hook Elementary and Douglas Stoneman High School that second guessed that belief.

I don't believe that arming teachers is the answer, but it makes more sense than banning the AR-15 and assuming doing so will end or reduce the number of school shootings. Especially when said firearm is used is less than .5% of all firearm related homicides and the deadliest school shooting in U.S history didn't even involve one.
    Wait what? This is all nonsense. What the hell is wrong with this country re. guns?

First, almost all school shootings have involved ARs. Mass murder is kinda hard with a pistol. Second, mass murders plummeted back when these war weapons were banned [[obviously). Third, there's no way teachers in Sandy Hook, traumatized by massacre, would wish for even more instruments of death in their school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Wait what? This is all nonsense. What the hell is wrong with this country re. guns?

First, almost all school shootings have involved ARs. Mass murder is kinda hard with a pistol. Second, mass murders plummeted back when these war weapons were banned [[obviously). Third, there's no way teachers in Sandy Hook, traumatized by massacre, would wish for even more instruments of death in their school.
    Your statement is a false. The majority of school shootings do not involve the AR-15 or any other similar semi-automatic rifle. On average since 2004 when the ban on "Assault weapons" ended they have accounted for about 27% of mass shooting events at schools. The vast majority of these acts were committed using pistols and that includes the deadliest school shooting in American history where a man killed 33 students at Virginia Tech with a pistol.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; February-28-18 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post

The problem is lunatics legally purchasing a weapon design to easily kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. Enough with all the goddamn obfuscating.