Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

To answer the original poster in a very short little snippet, it's all location. I live in a functional neighborhood with little to no outside foot traffic and all is well here. My boyfriend lived on a very rough street downtown and life there was bleak and dangerous. The type of place where any little noise has you reaching for your shotgun and you sleep with one eye open. His particular situation was rather extreme, so just be careful in selecting your location. He had a dream of restoration, but had a chance to get out, and jumped on it. Select your location very carefully. If you don't live locally, you could probably get sound advice on particular neighborhoods on this website.

Quote Originally Posted by bumble View Post

To answer the original poster in a very short little snippet, it's all location. I live in a functional neighborhood with little to no outside foot traffic and all is well here. My boyfriend lived on a very rough street downtown and life there was bleak and dangerous. The type of place where any little noise has you reaching for your shotgun and you sleep with one eye open. His particular situation was rather extreme, so just be careful in selecting your location. He had a dream of restoration, but had a chance to get out, and jumped on it. Select your location very carefully. If you don't live locally, you could probably get sound advice on particular neighborhoods on this website.

Just reading these grim tales about living in Detroit makes me wonder if I really live in Detroit. Now don't get me wrong. I know there some rough areas in the "D" but some people have to insert hyperbole when it comes to Detroit and I say nonsense. Detroit is just like every big city. If you have poor, you gonna have crime, period. If you think Detroit is bad, you don't want to go to Chicago or Los Angeles or even San Francisco. Detroit is not a city of angels but we are not all devils either.