Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Occurrence Guest

I will post the photos when I get them into the computer.

On my ticket it marks the expired meter as #2767, but I'm clearly parked in front of meter 2766. I also have a photo of the meter reading 27 minutes left, then one of my license plate. I hope the photos have the time embedded in the file.

The only explanation I can think of is I parked in the wrong spot too far up or back, but I parked in front of the meter like I always have, so it doesn't really make any sense. Plus there are no lines painted in the road indicating exactly where each official spot begins or ends. Common sense says park in front of the meter you intend to feed.

I really wish I would have caught the person writing that ticket so I could ask what the hell they are doing. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I will post the photos when I get them into the computer.

On my ticket it marks the expired meter as #2767, but I'm clearly parked in front of meter 2766. I also have a photo of the meter reading 27 minutes left, then one of my license plate. I hope the photos have the time embedded in the file.

The only explanation I can think of is I parked in the wrong spot too far up or back, but I parked in front of the meter like I always have, so it doesn't really make any sense. Plus there are no lines painted in the road indicating exactly where each official spot begins or ends. Common sense says park in front of the meter you intend to feed.

I really wish I would have caught the person writing that ticket so I could ask what the hell they are doing. Oh well.
    Now this changes the entire conversation. You're supposed to park behind the meter. If you parked in front and put money into the meter behind your car, it was not your meter. The best thing that you can do is pay the fine while there is still time to get half off.

Occurrence Guest

I wasn't really in front of the meter, more like in the middle right where I park, I didn't really have much of a choice because there was another car I parked behind.. I fed the meter that was right next to my car like I'm supposed too. If they are going to be that stingy then they need to paint lines and numbers exactly where you're suppose to park. They shouldn't base their ticket on imaginary arbitrary lines. Let people know exactly where each parking spot begins and ends, and which meter corresponds too.

Anyways when I get home tomorrow I'll put the photo up and we will take a look.

I wasn't really in front of the meter, more like in the middle right where I park, I didn't really have much of a choice because there was another car I parked behind.. I fed the meter that was right next to my car like I'm supposed too. If they are going to be that stingy then they need to paint lines and numbers exactly where you're suppose to park. They shouldn't base their ticket on imaginary arbitrary lines. Let people know exactly where each parking spot begins and ends, and which meter corresponds too.

Anyways when I get home tomorrow I'll put the photo up and we will take a look.
    Ummmmmmm, you got to park behind the meter. Not in front of the meter or with the meter in the middle of your car. It doesn't matter if the car in front of you is taking up two spaces, I would find a different space where the meter is just ahead of your front bumper.

Give it up Occurrence. First you said you parked in front of the meter, and now you say you were beside it? Either way, that's not how you park at a meter. Even if they painted lines, that wouldn't have helped you know to park behind the meter. Sounds like you need arrows, too. Or, you could have looked for the no standing signs that likely framed the metered area, and the meters and the corresponding parking spaces would have been apparent. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson and next time you'll know better. Don't they teach this stuff in driver's ed? It's been so long, I can't remember.

Occurrence Guest

In front of it is also beside it when walking towards the side of the car from the sidewalk. I don't understand what you mean.

In front of it is also beside it when walking towards the side of the car from the sidewalk. I don't understand what you mean.
    It's not that hard:

http://www.theaterhopper.com/2009/02/10/how-to-park/

Occurrence Guest

Exhibit B would be closer to how I was parked.

If I parked wrong, then my ticket should have been for improper parking, not for an expired meter. My meter wasn't expired. If they are going to start writing these kinds of tickets, then they should put lines on the pavement indicated exactly where to park.