Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm not saying that the center shouldn't be built, and no, that doesn't sound like a lot of money for a facility of that size and the number of people it will employ.

But there are numerous cancers other than the obvious ones you mentioned that we are aware of and essentially ignore, even though we know we could prevent them rather than treating them if we simply acknowledged them and addressed them.

I don't mean to state that this new facility won't be good for Detroit, I'm merely someone that thinks that you should, when possible, search for the core of the problem, fix it, and then not have to spend so much energy and resources addressing it after the damage has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I'm not saying that the center shouldn't be built, and no, that doesn't sound like a lot of money for a facility of that size and the number of people it will employ.

But there are numerous cancers other than the obvious ones you mentioned that we are aware of and essentially ignore, even though we know we could prevent them rather than treating them if we simply acknowledged them and addressed them.

I don't mean to state that this new facility won't be good for Detroit, I'm merely someone that thinks that you should, when possible, search for the core of the problem, fix it, and then not have to spend so much energy and resources addressing it after the damage has been done.
    Okay.

But other than prostate tests, breast exams, colonoscopy, using care in the sun, avoiding asbesto and tobacco, etc. etc. what more can we do??? Maybe follow a diet lower in red meats?

Otherwise most other cancers are, as best I can tell, completely beyond the control of the individual.

Many deadly cancers, e.g., brain, pancreas, etc. are all cancers over which humans have no control.