Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Favorite thing: Hotties at the smoothie bar and the food bar.
    What are "Hotties"?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What are "Hotties"?
    Beautiful women.

I say this partly in jest, but only partly. The increased presence of beautiful women feeling safe running their errands in the city is an economic indicator diametrically opposed to the "canary in the coal mine". We cannot be a world class city when 50% of the population doesn't feel safe living here. The next progressive indicator is women jogging alone in the city.

Yes, I say this with great reluctance and am sure I will evoke all sorts of reactions regarding class-ism. I acknowledge the insensitivity of this as one of the unspoken "elephants in the room", if you will. That said, if Detroit wants grow into being a vibrant city again, it can't do so without people of all backgrounds. And if only from a statistical perspective, the largest class of minority among 700,000 residents are single women.

Their increased presence is one indicator of a shift toward a more competitive and attractive economy.

Beautiful women.
    Oh......... I've had those before..... [[Geez, what a dope! I'm sitting here thinking to myself Hotties, Hotties, a cake? Is it ethnic? I'm fifty shades of red right now, LOL!)
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-06-13 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Oh......... I've had those before..... [[Geez, what a dope! I'm sitting here thinking to myself Hotties, Hotties, a cake? Is it ethnic? I'm fifty shades of red right now, LOL!)
    I like ethnic cake, too

I like ethnic cake, too
    Hey, hey, hey! The ethnic cake is only for me. You can have the yuppie cake. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Hey, hey, hey! The ethnic cake is only for me. You can have the yuppie cake. LOL.
    Oh, like, yuck!