Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm wondering.

Enjoy your holiday!

Who makes those stacked array speakers...are those JBL Pro products? They use 'em up at the Crofoot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'm wondering.

Who makes those stacked array speakers...are those JBL Pro products? They use 'em up at the Crofoot, too.
    Soundboard has a D&B Line Array, and a digital console [[Digico I believe).

It is a permanent install. Doesn't mean that everyone uses it.

The equipment was furnished by SAVI, of upstate NY. Their a fine firm. And it is fine equipment. And it was well-installed. Your mileage may vary by operator, act, source material, wear & tear...

Dozens of companies make 'stacked array speakers' known as line array. L'accoustic's V-DOSC was the first.

"V-Dosc is a French acronym . The "V" in V- Dosc refers to the V-shaped acoustic lens configuration employed for the mid and high frequency sections. The " Dosc" stands for " Diffuser d' Onde Sonore Cylindrique "- in English this means Cylindrical Wave Generator."
    Other popular manufacturers include Meyer [[Berkley CA), JBL, EAW.

They are a major advance in audio delivery -- but they don't make sound better any more than a pencil makes you Phillip Johnson.

Merry Christmas to all.