Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Yes, I agree with the apples and oranges on occupancy, but the condition of the MCD has been a decades long situation during which it has been rented out for movie sets, having kids clean it up and other temporary occupancy situations. Does anyone know how one would find out if any violations have ever been issued against the MCD?

As for going after the Packard first, I disagree. The MCD is far more highly visible blight. It is the first thing seen when entering the US from the bridge. It is located adjacent to a vibrant neighborhood. Its high profile should give it first attention, its ownership is clear and its ownership has the money.
    Check with B&SE and the DAH about violations. If you have the exact address or the correct property owner, you can check with the DAH's website. I have to disagree with you about the MCD vs Packard Plant. Forget the imagery of it, the Packard Plant is a flat out more dangerous building with debris that can fall at any moment and multiple fires always happening. There have been more incidents at the Packard Plant and it stretches through a residential neighborhood. Whereas the MCD is more isolated. Of course, the DIBC is a lot easier to get in contact with than whoever is the owner of the Packard Plant.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Check with B&SE and the DAH about violations. If you have the exact address or the correct property owner, you can check with the DAH's website. I have to disagree with you about the MCD vs Packard Plant. Forget the imagery of it, the Packard Plant is a flat out more dangerous building with debris that can fall at any moment and multiple fires always happening. There have been more incidents at the Packard Plant and it stretches through a residential neighborhood. Whereas the MCD is more isolated. Of course, the DIBC is a lot easier to get in contact with than whoever is the owner of the Packard Plant.

Typical of many cities instead of working with people to improve they throw so many obstacles in place, this is tough as a multi use which would be a lot more headache ,both sides are in the wrong one for not doing the research and one for not having a system in place.Usually brown paper in the windows works well as does staying in the grey area.

Packard has a clear ownership its the others involved that are "unknown" but hold more power then the mayor. It is only unsafe to trespassers and those who chose to use it as a playground ,I have yet to see a building start itself on fire.Lets just kinda leave it out of the limelight for the moment.