Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Two homes currently in Palmer Woods are for rent. $ 3000 & $ 2500 per month plus all utilities which should run $500-1000 per month. A real nice place is $ 2500-4500 per month.

Rosedale or green acres, also have nice houses. But watch out for utilitiy bills and remember Detroit has a utility biil tax of approx. 6% on gas, electric, and phone.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post
    Two homes currently in Palmer Woods are for rent. $ 3000 & $ 2500 per month plus all utilities which should run $500-1000 per month. A real nice place is $ 2500-4500 per month.
    LOL, sure. Try and pump your property values.

You can buy in Palmer Woods for 200k or less right now; don't tell us the market rate for a rental is $54,000 a year.

You could rent an estate in Bloomfield Hills proper right now for $54,000 a year.

I say rent it and adapt to the ghetto life in Detroit.

unfortunately, a lot of the negative DYesers [[contradictory.. i know) are posting here and giving you the wrong impression. Don't worry, Detroit has some wonderful places which are safe, growing and culturally rich. It's a fine city to live in, just pick the right areas - I wouldn't waste my time with the Metro Detroit Burbs

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    unfortunately, a lot of the negative DYesers [[contradictory.. i know) are posting here and giving you the wrong impression. Don't worry, Detroit has some wonderful places which are safe, growing and culturally rich. It's a fine city to live in, just pick the right areas - I wouldn't waste my time with the Metro Detroit Burbs

Don't let the rosy appraisal fool you. Cops show up in the suburbs, but Detroit Police response times are now down to an hour or so in this neighborhood. The Outer Drive curve is not necessarily growing [[several foresclosures in the last two years on the same block accross the street), and teenagers hanging out on porches during school hours does not necessarily scream culture. However, there are two parks just east of that house, and St. Scholastica Church and School anchor the corner across the the WCCC campus with several youth/community related activities.

Most of the posts here seem fairly honest, but do keep in mind, the fleeing middle class already understands the "advantages" to living in Detroit. That house may not be selling for $1300, [[and for rent 1300 is extreme in this neighborhood), but similar houses selling for prices in the single and low double digits are selling that low for the same reasons people are leaving to the tune of 10,000/yr.