Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Granted, part of the problem with these incidents has a lot to do with the attraction of thug types looking to prove whatever thug types feel they need to prove at these clubs. However, I think the real problem deals with the universal closing time of 2 AM in the state of Michigan. Everybody getting out of the club at the same time creates a myriad of problems, such as tempers flaring during traffic jams or drunken patrons upset that they were forced out of the club before they were done drinking. However, that probably wouldn't exist if clubs could stay open to say 4 or 5 AM. If clubs were open later, you would have fewer people hanging around at closing because:
    1. Not everyone can hang or stay up that late, and therefore would be too tired to stay 'til closing. As a result, a smaller crowd would be let out at closing, causing fewer, if any problems.
    2. Not everyone can drink over that stretch of period that the club is open. When you're drunk at 2 AM you won't be able to stay 'til 5 AM because you've reached your limit and so you leave.

I've been to clubs in NYC and Chicago and I have never witnessed there the chaos that occurs here in Detroit at 2 AM. In those cities and at those late hour clubs, only the die-hards [[which I was one 20 years ago) stick around and they are literally too tired to want to fight or get into an altercation with someone at that late hour. For those who stay 'til closing, the next action is either going home to sleep or going to breakfast at Denny's.
    Last edited by royce; April-25-11 at 12:35 AM. Reason: adjustments to text