Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    But if it was honestly a mistake, why didn't he call 911, as a responsible gun owner his actions indicate he may have he knew he did something wrong. What else baffles me is how this case has been handled initially by the police.
    Well, we don't know the answer. We don't know what led up to his discharging of his weapon. What was his state of mind. What was the dead girl's state of mind.

To answer your question -- let me ask you whether you've ever shot someone to death at point blank range. And with a shotgun it was probably pretty ugly. Shooting someone is a traumatic incident.

I think its more likely that he collapsed in shock at the reality of what happened to her than that he would calmly pick up the phone and call the cops.

I see a lot of empathy for the girl, and little for the homeowner. Maybe when the facts come out he will deserve no sympathy. But I'll wait for the facts.

Until we know what happened, we shouldn't judge either of them.

I've never shot a firearm let alone a person but I'd agree that it might traumatic for the person who pulls the trigger but I'd have to imagine that it's probably 100 times more traumatic to the person who has had their face blown off.
    I could care less about his emotional state after pulling the trigger, that shouldn't excuse his behavior afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Well, we don't know the answer. We don't know what led up to his discharging of his weapon. What was his state of mind. What was the dead girl's state of mind.

To answer your question -- let me ask you whether you've ever shot someone to death at point blank range. And with a shotgun it was probably pretty ugly. Shooting someone is a traumatic incident.

I think its more likely that he collapsed in shock at the reality of what happened to her than that he would calmly pick up the phone and call the cops.

I see a lot of empathy for the girl, and little for the homeowner. Maybe when the facts come out he will deserve no sympathy. But I'll wait for the facts.

Until we know what happened, we shouldn't judge either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccal View Post
    I've never shot a firearm let alone a person but I'd agree that it might traumatic for the person who pulls the trigger but I'd have to imagine that it's probably 100 times more traumatic to the person who has had their face blown off.
    I could care less about his emotional state after pulling the trigger, that shouldn't excuse his behavior afterwards.
    I don't know enough to need to excuse his behavior. I sure don't know enough to judge him at this point. Certainly the girl here experienced far worse trauma. We're not comparing trauma. We're only trying to discuss whether there's a reason why he didn't call 911 right away. We just don't know. Maybe he injured himself. Maybe he fell to the ground and knocked himself out. Maybe he was crying with remorse. We don't know.

But until we know facts, assigning blame is premature. Its called prejudice.