Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    They're probably worried that all the bikers may think that RO is Michigan Avenue in Detroit if they see a security system at a business.
    On the very same page they're trying to establish a "Do-Not-Knock" registry and ban riding bikes downtown due to near misses...

Could you imagine a group of people you'd less like to spend your time with?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    On the very same page they're trying to establish a "Do-Not-Knock" registry and ban riding bikes downtown due to near misses...

I hope the city council can come up with a resolution to participate in the fondo. The larger fondos around the country can attract thousands of participants. It could be a nice compliment to the Tour De Troit, DALMAC, Iceman, and other races/rides in the state.

The 'Do-Not-Knock' ordinance is a direct response to the murder of Nancy Dailey just over a year ago.

Finally, bikes don't interact well with pedestrians on congested sidewalks. However, I can think of a few areas where cyclists should be allowed.

There is a bike summit in Royal Oak next week [[12/12). I'm sure the fondo and sidewalk issues will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

Banning bikes on sidewalks is fine with me. It is, after all, a sideWALK

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I'm surprised it was allowed in the first place. I cannot imagine biking on a sidewalk. What if someone opened a door to a business and stepped out or there was heaved section in the concrete?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    It's much safer.

Some drivers don't appreciate bikers in the street.