Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I didn't say we arrived. I said it can work. And looking at the numbers, it does. The still used cliche by Leon Drolet and his ilk of "no one takes the bus" or "there's nobody on the bus" simply isn't true.

I have no problem with Uber/Lyft as a business, but to say we don't need public transit because we have U/L also isn't true. We need them all. Part of a major city's image is based on how well one can get about the city. Tourists and visitors shouldn't have to shell out $15+ bucks every time they want to explore anywhere beyond downtown or getting back to the airport. Which is another reason why I'm happy for SMART and DDOT's upcoming streamlining of fares and passes.

I look forward to Metro Airport admins also reading this article and hopefully promoting the service more at the airport.

Agreed, the more options the better for transpo -- yes! Then everyone can happily choose per their desire, income, need etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    ...I have no problem with Uber/Lyft as a business, but to say we don't need public transit because we have U/L also isn't true. We need them all. Part of a major city's image is based on how well one can get about the city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-21-19 at 08:28 PM.