Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I agree that the owners and Bettman are greedy bastards. But at what point are players greedy? If 50% isn't enough, what is? 60%? 90%?

We know owners are greedy. I accept that. I'm disappointed in the players. Is an **AVERAGE salary of $2.4 million** not enough? Did you read that figure. Sure, its probably before taking the current cuts. So if you go from 57% to 50% its a cut of about 11% -- so is an AVERAGE salary of over $2,000,000 not enough?

[[Source: Yahoo Sports article)
    Why is it so bad that owners are greedy? To be the owner of any enterprise is to be greedy in that you want more! Its your team, company etc.. why shouldn't you reap the lion share of the profits. Last time I checked this is still a capitalist economy for the most part. There is more to just plunking down some cash and buying the team. Just getting the doors open for a game is a tremendous undertaking.
    When its all said and done the players are a commodity. They sell their skills in exchange for money. When did they achieve ownership status? They want be owners without having to pay the salaries of the staff, the insurance, the maintainence on the arena, selling tickets and the other mundane operations that go along with owning/running a team. They are already paid for the performance no matter if its good or bad, please tell me what entitles them to anything beyond their salaries? If most of us asked for a cut of the profits from our employer we would be laughed at or shown the door.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; November-04-12 at 11:56 PM.