Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Shollin Guest

I'm not sure about this place, but I've seen some Taco Bell's and McDonalds being torn down and rebuilt with different styled buildings. Are you sure this one is closed and not being rebuilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I'm not sure about this place, but I've seen some Taco Bell's and McDonalds being torn down and rebuilt with different styled buildings. Are you sure this one is closed and not being rebuilt?
    I doubt it.

I don't think they would take down the sign if that were the case, and would put up a "closed for remodeling" sign.

That said, either a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins or Tim Hortons is opening at the corner of French Road and Gratiot. That's interesting news considering all of the closures taking place just up Gratiot.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I doubt it.

I don't think they would take down the sign if that were the case, and would put up a "closed for remodeling" sign.
    Not necessarily. The McDonald's at 15 Mile and Van Dyke has been torn down with the signs, and they are rebuilding it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Taco Bell is just rebuilt. It was very busy every time I went there, especially late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yea, seems like they are rebuilding the "Golden Arches" across the country because they have the same exact design going up here in Arlington, VA.
    The same can be said for suburban Detroit because I used the drive-thru of a McDonald's near the soon-to-dissapear Lincoln Park Shopping Center that was rebuilt into that design while returning from the Henry Ford Museum on Tuesday. Here's what it looked like before and here it is now:

Name:  SAM_0075.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  30.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Well, speaking of that, the Dunkin Donuts here in Wyandotte on Eureka has gotten both an exterior and interior facelift sometime last year even though the building wasn't torn down because it's in a strip mall. Here's what it looked like before. The newspaper boxes were also moved.

It looks like that the Harper and Whittier Taco Bell is of a design that was used back in the 1970's when the chain really took off. There is a former Taco Bell on Eureka and James Street in Southgate that is also of this design [[it's now a Middle Eastern restaurant).
    Last edited by mtburb; August-03-12 at 02:55 PM.