Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    When Windows 10 first came out, I believe you could have upgraded for free, Ray. Just a thought.
    Do NOT try to upgrade an old computer to Windows10!

Agreed. I have an older Mac and take care in updates. You have to know what you computer can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    totally agree! not too long ago, turned on my old dell laptop [[lasted me 6 years) and it was automatically updating to windows 10. it finally fried shortly thereafter. I was a hold out on the MacBooks because I didn't want to spend the money. was able to get a great deal on a MacBook Air recently at best buy. within a month of purchasing it, noticed on the Best Buy website that it was a "deal of the day" and got another $150.00 credit.

Unsolicited tech advice: You can still buy Windows 7. It's far less annoying than Vista and designed for a desktop, not the tablet you probably don't have. It's also still currently supported by Microsoft so you can get updates. Hopefully by the time that runs out Microsoft will release a decent OS again. Then again, there have been so few...

And yeah, Macs have their own problems. Planned obsolescence chief among them. But at least the prices have come down. Their laptops offer some advantages. At least you're not constantly frustrated by the OS.
    Last edited by bust; April-05-17 at 05:03 PM.