Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Occurrence Guest

It has always amazed me how police won't respond to routine 911 calls in the neighborhoods, but yet have the resources to litter downtown for events.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    It has always amazed me how police won't respond to routine 911 calls in the neighborhoods, but yet have the resources to litter downtown for events.
    That's what I said to the woman beside me on the bus comin' down. I already knew the entrance streets to the Berry Sub were shut down...having driven by an hour earlier, after dropping off the food and beer for our party.

TEN cops shutting down the Mayor's neighborhood. I'm sure there are more by the Boogian Mansion. too.

Ummm perhaps a 'senior moment' but what/ where is the Berry Sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That's what I said to the woman beside me on the bus comin' down. I already knew the entrance streets to the Berry Sub were shut down...having driven by an hour earlier, after dropping off the food and beer for our party.

TEN cops shutting down the Mayor's neighborhood. I'm sure there are more by the Boogian Mansion. too.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I agree that the DPD is awful at responding for emergencies on a daily basis--even Downtown. As someone who lives Downtown, it feels like every neighborhood in the rest of the city buses its hoodlums down for special events. You truly would have to see it to understand the danger. We see the daily violence that occurs when people in the same neighborhood clash and victimize one another, however; the mix of people from different areas of the city and the density leads to a potential for tragedy and chaos that is unique.

Anybody know how much money the parents have to fork over for these curfew violations?

I think it's around $250-500. More if a car is pounded: the tow of vehicle, connection fee, time at the impound lot daily accruing. Good times!

When Detroit has its forfeited car auctions from this and all of the booting for tickets it should be real treat for whole salers and used car insiders that get there before the open bids and sales to the public!

Quote Originally Posted by BRAZZMAN View Post
    Anybody know how much money the parents have to fork over for these curfew violations?