Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I hate to blame victims, but why leave all that stuff visible in your car. I've been in enough cars to realize that people treat their cars like an extra room and just toss everything into the backseat, I just don't understand it. Don't blame Mexicantown, the thieves are so quick at smash and grab that it would take a guard for every car parked to eliminate this crime.

Quote Originally Posted by rutlev View Post
    I hate to blame victims, but why leave all that stuff visible in your car. I've been in enough cars to realize that people treat their cars like an extra room and just toss everything into the backseat, I just don't understand it. Don't blame Mexicantown, the thieves are so quick at smash and grab that it would take a guard for every car parked to eliminate this crime.
    Agreed, not taking your iPad inside was a big mistake to begin with. This would happen anywhere, not just in Detroit. Stuff laying out in cars is a big target for smash-and-grab thieves. I've lived in Detroit for years now, never leave anything in my car, regularly park on the street, and never have had a problem.

The book bag was the target, not the laundry, that was just a bonus.

Good luck with DPD, I'm sure stolen iPads are high on the list of priorities...

Yeah sadly with crime as it is the DPD is NOT TRACKING an IPAD. That would be a luxury for them to do so at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    Good luck with DPD, I'm sure stolen iPads are high on the list of priorities...

Quote Originally Posted by rutlev View Post
    I'm guessing it was in a trunk? Can't believe anybody would be stupid enough to leave an iPad sitting in plain sight in a parked car in any city.

If you can track it though it's just plain incompetence that the cops won't devote any effort to locating the property. Maybe try flagging down a cop car on the street in the area where it was stolen and give them the details.