Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
i can't stand the idea of throwing in the towel because we're off to a slow start. let's not forget certain entities in the suburban counties fought tooth and nail for decades to wipe out transit from the culture in this region, and as the politics of the state and region become more forward-looking, we are starting to turn the corner in the hearts and minds about the desirability of a useful transit network. now is the worst time to give up.

imo Detroit should do the most it can on its own before involving the outer cities, since it seems like the intra-county network involve so much more red tape. DDoT's new plan is encouraging, as are the greenways which i would count as transit-adjacent [[i've biked to corktown 3 times since the sw greenway opened last week).

i'll reiterate that retrofitting the grand trunk line that amtrak uses into a shared local line with a few key stations at population centers would be a huge boost for connectivity without the price tag of new track. there's a lot we can do before getting into the multi-municipality weeds. let's see Detroit build something that adjacent cities then want to get in on.
Speaking of the suburbs https://twitter.com/kayleighrenel/st...O6cZ-8F6xw5ubA