Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

diver1369 Guest

Charles Pugh was one of the Problem Solvers on TV2 News in Detroit. It was in that role that I met him. A gas station in my neighborhood had a display case full of weapons; small axes and machetes, wands, brass knuckles starred knuckles, martial arts stars. I notified TV2 about this and Mr. Pugh came out to get the story. They had a minor buy some of the weaponry, then they showed their video to the DPD gang squad. The DPD gang squad did their own undercover buy and confiscated over 800 weapons from the gas station. I believe by his reporting on the issues that Detroiters bring to the station, Mr. Pugh has a unique insight into the challenges facing those in the neighborhood and the everyday problems they face. He seems to me to be an intelligent and sincere person who isn't in it for self-aggrandizement. If I lived in Detroit, I wouldn't hesitate casting a vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    ...I believe by his reporting on the issues that Detroiters bring to the station, Mr. Pugh has a unique insight into the challenges facing those in the neighborhood and the everyday problems they face. He seems to me to be an intelligent and sincere person who isn't in it for self-aggrandizement. If I lived in Detroit, I wouldn't hesitate casting a vote for him.

What and those of us who have lived in Detroit all of our lives, like myself, don't have a unique insight into the challenges facing those in the neighborhood and the everyday problems we face? I'm not questioning why you would vote for him, I'm just questioning if Pugh's unique insight makes him more qualified to sit on the council than other life long Detroiters. BTW, MIrepublic, I only recall one other post where I questioned Charles Pugh's qualifications [[and I brought up Andre Spivey's as well). Now that he has received the most votes for a city council candidate, I want to know why others would vote for him. Call it curiosity. I'm not trying to convince anyone not to vote for him. However, I see that you didn't bother to give me an answer to the question I have posed in this thread. Who appears to be trolling now?

I didn't vote for Pugh because I hate voting for a famous name. We had enough with Reeves and Conyers. What concerns me is that Pugh was the top vote-getter and if it happens in November, he will become the City Council President and that is why the charter commission must make changes in how the council is elected and how the president is picked. I would prefer a setup in which 7 members of the new council vote either one of the two senior members of the council to become president and the other becomes the president pro tem. To have a flimsy setup in which the total number of votes would get you either the 1 or 2 spot is the reason why Detroit had to experience the Monica Conyers disaster for 4yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    A gas station in my neighborhood had a display case full of weapons; small axes and machetes, wands, brass knuckles starred knuckles, martial arts stars. I notified TV2 about this and Mr. Pugh came out to get the story. They had a minor buy some of the weaponry, then they showed their video to the DPD gang squad.

That's unethical as hell, getting a minor to break the law in order to get a story.

If the Fox 2 folks had information that this gas station was selling weapons to minors, then it behooved them to notify police.