Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Firehouses

Hybrid View

MikeM,cosine, Sq.5 would be offended that you ignored them.They didn't locate to
    12th. until 1952. M CD M the shop has normal busness hours 8 to 5. Emergency repairman is on duty 24/7.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but do the DFD firehouses get decorated for Christmas?

Last year[[around this time of year) when I stopped in at engine 48, they had a X-mas tree in their eating area.

Anyone been buying up the DFD photo's on *bay?
    Here's a few of them that I saved from there
    Can anyone name the locations?

Quote Originally Posted by M CD M View Post
    Anyone been buying up the DFD photo's on *bay?
    Here's a few of them that I saved from there
    Can anyone name the locations?
    Gotta love that '62 Chrysler chief's car.

Probably had the legendary 413 V-8 under the hood.

When I was attending Wayne Elementary School [[Lakepointe and Courville) from 1944 to 1951, the school did not allow any students to park their bikes at school except for the safety patrol boys. There was a fire station at Lakepointe and Whittier about a block from the school. The firemen allowed the kids to park their bikes in the back yard of the station and walk the last block to the school. The station had two bays for an engine company pumper and a battalion chief sedan. Damn if I can remember the company or battalion numbers now.

Hemrod, where you parked your bike at Lakepoint and Whittier is the quarters of Engine Co. 58 , established December 1928 and is still in service today