Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

If you really want a small bungalow style, you will have trouble finding one in the University District or Sherwood Forest. Few of the houses are either small or bungalows.

A lot of ads say that a house is a bungalow when there is no element of bungalow to it, so if you just mean a nice, small house, you can find those in Green Acres. As a previous commenter mentioned, there are some smaller houses on the south and west edges of the University District, but I can't think of any bungalows.

If you are not set on living in the city [[and far be it from me to discourage you) you should just go across Eight Mile to Ferndale and look--lots of small bungalows there. I have a hard time recommending Highland Park, but there are some extremely nice bungalows there too.

Yes, Ferndale has a quite a few quaint and unique small and bungalow style homes... No, I cannot recommend HP either....
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    If you really want a small bungalow style, you will have trouble finding one in the University District or Sherwood Forest. Few of the houses are either small or bungalows.

A lot of ads say that a house is a bungalow when there is no element of bungalow to it, so if you just mean a nice, small house, you can find those in Green Acres. As a previous commenter mentioned, there are some smaller houses on the south and west edges of the University District, but I can't think of any bungalows.

If you are not set on living in the city [[and far be it from me to discourage you) you should just go across Eight Mile to Ferndale and look--lots of small bungalows there. I have a hard time recommending Highland Park, but there are some extremely nice bungalows there too.

Too bad you need the westside. There is a darling brick cape cod in EEV. Two bedrooms, full basement, an addition and garage. Bank foreclosed, selling price is only $13,000

Thanks for your advice, all.
    I grew up in East English Village/Morningside. Lived there 24 years, but it's too far from where I work and play these days. I rent a little bungalow just north of 8 Mile in Ferndale now but would like to move back to my hometown.

Those houses in Boston-Edison are just way too big for lil' ol' me, so I guess I'll focus on Green Acres.

Lots of bargains in Green Acres these days. $1,000 per mo. [[principal, interest, taxes and insurance) will get you just about anything in the neighborhood. Out of pocket would be less than $900 per mo. after taxes. Houses needing repair or significant renovation would be less. Most houses there are 3br/2ba and about 2000 ft2.