Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Browns sure do blow. I'm not quite so confident that Lions can be favorites against anyone at this point. Hope we win though.

BSX, I'll take that bet. What are your terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I'm predicting a sure win against the Browns. Browns are terrible.

Didn't we say the same thing about the Rams?

Is the thanksgiving game sold out?

BSX, still waiting on the bet... loser buys a beer or a cup of coffee, winner choses. How about it? straight up bet, no points, no over/under. I say Browns win. You taking?

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    BSX, still waiting on the bet... loser buys a beer or a cup of coffee, winner choses. How about it? straight up bet, no points, no over/under. I say Browns win. You taking?
    Some might call me crazzzzy for EVER betting on the Leo's, but I have a good feeling about this one. Straight up, no point advantage.....'GNOME', I'LL TAKE THAT CHALLENGE!

Let's add a bit of fun using the forum. Loser has to start a thread, [[on the Discuss Detroit board), and type 20 times that said winner is the greatest poster in the history of the form.

For example;

blksoul is the greatest poster in the history of DY
    blksoul is the greatest poster in the history of DY
    ....and so on......

LIONS WIN, The Mistake, [[aka; Cleveland), Loses!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by oursleves!

I'll take that bet, if you'll do the coffee or beer meet-up. That way we will have to meet face to face for a full-on verbal smack-down.

A truly confident man would say, "Yes!"

Browns score first ... 3-0

lions come back and put 3 up themselves, but on the next posession by the Browns roar back with a 59 yard touchdown reception.

looks like another record setting day for the opposing quaterback.

At least we're consistant.

Browns up 10-3 with 8 and half to go in the first

Browns score again on a 40 yard hookup from Brady Quinn to Stucky ... 2 throwing touches for Quinn, who before today had only passed for one touchdown this year.

After the kick-off Mr. Stafford threw a pass into the hands of an awaiting Brown. Runback to the Lions 13, then a facemask takes the ball to the 6 where Mr. Quinn boils himself a cup of tea, while waiting for a reciever to open in the endzone.

Touchdown Browns! It's still the first quarter.

24- 3

Lions get a good return and in less than 6 plays are in the endzone.

Browns 24 -10

Goodness, the Lions start off the 2nd quarter with a well called - and executed - scoring drive.

Browns, 24 -17

Lions score again! We're knotted at 24

After the kick-off the Browns work down the field and get a 3 pointer to end the half.

Browns 27 - 24
    Last edited by gnome; November-22-09 at 02:42 PM.

Hold on to those underpants kids, the Lions have just taken the lead after the kickoff and driving down the field...

Lions 31- 27
    Last edited by gnome; November-22-09 at 03:34 PM.

oh oh oh, not so fast, our Lions are still not beneath trying to give the game to the Browns ... as the kittens just gave up a safety... but they're holding on

Lions 31-29

Talk to us, gnome.....

omg ! lions win! No time on the clock and Stafford hit Pettigrew in the endzone, Hansen split the uprights and the Lions win by a point!

I'm warming up the grill for my evening meal of crow.

Oh. Muh. Gawd.

It sure as heck wasn't pretty. But we somehow managed to pull a victory out of the mouth of defeat. 38-37!

blksoul_x Guest

......WOW!

Hey Gnome, can you say I'm the best poster!....LOL! And sometime/somewhere, Mickey D's large coffee/3 cream sounds good to me!

I'm a bit afraid to brag to much, BUT, I's thinks wez got us a QB in the D! This kid is the real deal....yeah Stafford!

Let nicknames begin.....anybody got a good nickname for the rookie Stafford?

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

anybody got a good nickname for the rookie Stafford?
    How about WhtSoul_X?

Name the Time and location, oh Lord of the Board, and I'll be oh so glad to serve you your well earned reward.

Last edited by gnome; November-22-09 at 05:06 PM.

I should be relishing this victory but the first thing that's come to mind is that I can only hope Cleveland continues to take the gaspipe. I'm already thinking about the off season already and can only hope that we do NOT take the first overall pick again. We can't afford it financially. So right now I'm gonna hope that the Browns continue losing- whether it's by shutouts or by one miserable point like what they were handed today. The Lions need to avoid the worst overall record somehow someway. Just maybe.. and a huge maybe- does anyone think we can eke out another victory this season?

Green Bay on Thanksgiving?
    Cincinnati?
    Baltimore?
    Arizona?
    San Francisco?
    Chicago?

We'd best savor this one now in this holiday shortened week. It might not happen anytime soon or if at all the rest of this season. Congrats to our boys in the Honolulu Blue & Silver!

In the Cleveland Plain Dealer, their writer was still trying to nudge a little more out of the game...

"Pettigrew beat Trusnik on an inside move and Stafford fired it to his rookie tight end as linebacker Kaluka Maiava came late from the other direction. Bedlam broke out inside Ford Field. The game officials did not notice Lions tight end coach Tim Lappano sprint to congratulate Pettigrew about 25 yards onto the field.

An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty there would have backed up Detroit's extra-point try another 15 yards, which would have been no gimme with Browns' shotblocker Shaun Rogers on the prowl. But kicker Jason Hanson converted the PAT for the game-winner."

Asking for the officials to notice a tight end coach celebrating?

Wow. Were we this pathetic to claw for justice and retribution during the Millen era?

Stafford got hurt in on the second to last play, and with the penalty the irate Browns head coach calls a timeout in all the confusion. The rule states that if your hurt you must miss one play. Becuase of the timeout Stafford was able to return for one last play and hits the TE for a TD.
    Hopefully Stafford is ok

Nickname
    Nick of Time

Schwartz sure plays it close to the vest when it comes down to revealing injuries- especially with regards to Johnson & Stafford. And y'know what? I kinda dig the fact that he leaks out just enough information as the league requires of him. Why give out any more information than is necessary? To me, that's just being smart & savvy.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Matt Stafford won't be playing this Thursday and Calvin Johnson will probably be a game time decision. Why risk these two in this meaningless game versus Green Bay and especially on less than four days rest? It's one thing to get these two reps and experience working as a deadly tandem but there will be more opportunities down the pipe. I know that all the players at this time of the year play dinged up to a certain degree- but c'mon, even as fans who are still drooling over the Cleveland heroics, I'm for not having to see either of these two guys play on Thanksgiving. Stafford hasn't exactly been the most mobile with his knee in a brace and Lord knows what his left shoulder is really like underneath all of that ice & bandages we saw the other day. We know his throwing arm is still a cannon but he still needs both arms to handle a snap. He's proven his leadership and toughness already; we get it- he's not Joey Harrington.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast