Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
Last I knew Massey Cadillac was still open. Remember when it was Dreisbach&Sons. The round showroom on GrandRiver. Sometimes I think the media likes to lie, well alot about stuff.
It was built as Klett Cadillac, yes I remember when the showroom revolved [[and when they built the place). Last few years they used the former supermarket on 7 Mile as their new car showroom.
But I heard the only reason that dealership survived was to hold onto a 'territory' and prevent a new dealership from taking business from the Plymouth Don Massey. Former employees told me Dreisbach got permission to move towards Novi, then Don Massey bought the dealership to prevent that move.[[This was just before Sonic bought all the Don Massey dealerships) I wonder if there ever was any serious effort to move or if that was a bargaining 'chip'.
In any event, its sad to see that dealership declining, it was a showplace when built, about 40 yrs ago. Sad to see lights burnt out on the signs, cracks in the parking lot, sparse inventory, etc.Obviously Sonic/Don Massey has the resources to maintain/upgrade the Detroit dealership.
Media may have overlooked Massey Cadillac as a Detroit Cadillac dealership if the business address [[principal dealer address) is mingled with the 'sister' store in Plymouth.