Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Missed you by a minute, it seems.

From 1981 to the end of the decade, I was a fixture at the Rivertown Saloon. My friends were the house band.

We would walk down to the Soup Kitchen during breaks, but I don't remember being in there more than six or so times to hear music.

But I did spend some quality time at that joint over on Greenfield...what was it called again? Sully's?! Best night was when I was shuttling the talent for the Detroit Blues Festival at the Fairgrounds, and we spent the entire morning jamming. It got too late and I fell asleep in the van, but those folks partied until dawn.

I can hardly stand to see the Soup Kitchen in its current state, but I'll be moving into that neighborhood soon, so I guess I'll have to get used to it!

Cheers
Maybe you missed it Gannon, the Soup has been gone for a long time. The last remains were demolished a few years ago. I know how difficult it is to put things in their proper physical perspective, especially after the dominoes start falling, but the Soup is gone. Thank you, dear Dennis Archer. I was there as they topped it off, so to speak. I have photos of the Rhino and our mutual friend's [[Rivertown co-owner) loft which were left standing for some odd reason. I'll try to post some photos if I'm able to find them.