Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Stosh Guest

I was going to post this earlier but here's a decision in the US court of appeals where they did the exact same thing. Only thing is, they agreed to take it out by direct deposit, which got the employer into trouble.

Whole moral of the story is, it seems to be legal according to this.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data2/...dc/071455p.pdf

Here's the article

http://detroitnews.com/article/20091...tempt-of-court
    Last edited by Stosh; November-13-09 at 11:59 PM.

Blarf Guest

I guess can Bing can tell just about anyone the city is broke, but no one seems to listen.

Yep, you need not be a Bing fan to not understand that the city is broke... the gravy train has come to an end.... and it did not happen over night. For example, back under the Kilpatrick regime a city fiscal audit could not be produced on the "regular". There was always some excuse regarding fiscal accountability. While justifcation of BOLD-FACED corruption was the call of the day. This was part of the hidden and growing dept accruing daily while the "friends and family" gravy train roared at full steam. And there are less tax payers now then there were then... so who is paying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I guess can Bing can tell just about anyone the city is broke, but no one seems to listen.