Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I'll go ahead and throw this out there to chew on: I'm convinced a good percentage of her newest "followers" haven't read "Atlas Shrugged" at all. It's long and tedious. Tea Party types are already inclined to just quote Limbaugh/Beck/Palin without question; why would they put in the effort to slog through a thick book?
    Setting aside that reading and thinking is tedious and hard, which is a sure sign your average teabagger hasnt read it, the most glaring give away that they havent read it is the number of signs in the crowd and statements by these people about how they are going to "go Galt". The whole point of the book is that HE LEFT. He didnt talk about it, he didn't organize teaparties about it. He quitely left and got a lot of other captains of industry to "shrug"... to leave with him so the whole system crashed.

Sometimes, when I see these mobs of imbiciles and read some of the dreck from the Becks of the world regurgitated here, I wonder if the smart ones already "went Galt" and left us do deal with the mouth breathers.

But, what would be wonderful is all those that bitch about "going Galt" would actually go. Of course that would never actually happen because it's hard and doing hard things in not what modern day teabagging conservatism is about.
    Last edited by bailey; November-03-09 at 11:59 AM.