It was Joe and Debby Grella. Joe was diagnosed MS either during, or shortly before, their stay in Detroit. The Kurante's, Milda and Ron, were their leasing agents. I was in and out of the UA many, many times during that era. During Grossman's ownership of the UA [[did he know or care w/t/f he was doing?) he'd brought a young man to town from North Carolina, who was a carpenter, craftsman, by the name of John Ballantine. John's only [[this isn't meant as a knock) claim to fame, according to himself, was that he'd built an astounding barroom someplace that Grossman happened to stumble into. Grossman then invited him here to Detroit, to not only secure and surpervise the UA, but also to participate in it's rehabilitation. John was living in the Leland and preparing the UA for it's rehab. He wasn't around more than 6 -8 months. He wasn't receiving his agree upon salary, though he continued work in the theatre. One day he said, 'I'm outta here, bounced paychecks and all'. Never saw him again. Nice kid. I don't remember any extensive evidence of his carpenter, craftsmanship talents, they never seemed to get that far. But I did see his work in cleaning up the lobby, building and theatre.