Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 176 of 432 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

sure am SUPER GLAD THAT THE SPARTANS Won last Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only wish I had the money and energy to be at the Grande Wed. for the Grand Photo.
    We should put a group photo on our list of things to do next time we are all together. maybe there is a photoshop way for us to do this online. Anyone have any ideas?????
    Last edited by Isle_of_fun; October-06-09 at 07:24 PM.

I took video of it , and the video is even more clear.... but it just took my breath away how much energy went into
    that canoe and paddles.

Or are you talking about the $250,000 grand prize?

Hey Gash , yep there are people out here. I just checked the who's on line page and there were about 6 people reading this site plus a couple of spiders.

Hey, sorry to see the Tigers lose. That's two tragedies for me in Minneapolis in two days. I was really rooting for the Tigers. I ended up sitting across the street from my office at a bar and watched the first 7 innings with Ron Dayne. He was out celebrating his 10th anniversary of winning the Heisman Trophy and he just got inducted into the UW Football Hall of Fame. It would have been a great night if Charles Woodson could have been there.
    Attachment 3420
    Last edited by old guy; December-17-09 at 12:30 PM.

Hey Jeep, I'll give you a call in a day and a quarter. We go to press tomorrow.

OG, it's about time you showed up back here. I'm failing at this humour thing with Stone. You gotta pick up the slack. We depend on you guys.

Oh yeah, Kudos to Hoover. Seven weeks without a smoke.

Jordangirls, check out my posts and photos on the Allen Park Restaurants link here at DY. I saw your comments and posted my own.

Isle.....I was referring to the canoe

OG.........Ron Dayne is one of my all time favorite 'good guy and great player' athletes. I remember watching him play college ball in Madison then his pro career in New York. For me, it would be an honor to meet him; unlike some present day New York Giant football players who insist on carrying guns into bars, and are now carrying themselves around behind bars.

Yeahhh Stillrockin.....that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; October-06-09 at 10:57 PM.

Sorry 1KD, I've been working 70-90 hour weeks, being a lumpenproletariat and all. It's a tough life. This recession hasn't been very kind to independent newspaper schlubs. But hey, funny is as funny was. I'll find my way back. God I feel sorry for me.

It's a damn good thing that watering hole is right across the street. What would a poor little old lumpenproletariat do with out a dive to fall in to?

Oh, ..........my favorite OG photo.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; October-28-09 at 05:23 PM.

Larry, he's a really nice guy. I think they were expecting a bunch of people, but they weren't there. So we just sat at the end of the bar and bullshited about stuff for quite a while. I forgot that he ended up with the Bronco's. It was a tough night for us here in Wisconsin last night in football.

Good Morrnin' All Ya'll, Well we watched the tail end of the Tigers vs. Twins game.It brought back allot of memories. We used to live not far from Sparky Anderson and some friends sold his home after he retired. By the way does anybody know if Kenny G used a video of Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong singing "Its a Beautiful World" to dub himself into without permission? A disgruntled Sax player that I met told me that he had. Home boy and I have a some thoughts on Kenny G promoting his signature Saxaphone that he is manufacturing if any one is interested, we will share later. Now I must post a disclaimer. All of the photos posted by Candyman are Pennys work. Although I love music, any visual art gift that I may have hasn't showed up yet. Have a Groovy day!

I'm a lucky man, I was at that game last night. It has to be remembered as one one of the greatest games in history. It's a shame someone had to lose. To see all that talent out there giving it their all was special. I know Tiger fans are hurting right now but don't hang your heads too low. The Tigers are a great team and they will get another shot at it.

Remember, I'm a Cub fan, I know how it feels.
    Last edited by Drummer21; October-07-09 at 05:52 PM.

RIP: Tony Fein....Iraqi War Vet [[2 1/2years); came home then went to Ole' Miss on football scholarship; rookie tryout with the Ravens.

Firstlady and Stone, thanks for the Michigan photos. Yup, they're wonderful. Margie and I decided against attending the Grande Ballroom affair this evening. I've had it up to here with wakes and deaths and crumbling buildings and demolitions. Sorry. Margie decided to do something else with Angel and Mikey. I guess I feel more badly about not hanging with Margie than anything else. We'll have another chance. Maybe Mike, Mikey, Angel and Margie will drag me along with them on an excursion? Maybe I'll attend one of Mike's events? Big time!

I emailed with Kurt Krahnke today. Kurt, Sean and Tad played The Firefly regularly and recorded their albums there. He said he's confident The Firefly is kaputs [[not his exact words). As bad as he feels about it, his thinking is - it's history. I'm sad to hear it also. I guess we can take some solace from the fact that we had one of the last events ever at The Firefly. Thanks so much to Ruthie and her collaboration with Susan. It'll be reincarnated someday. It was The Ark for years prior to The Firefly. Before The Ark moved up Main Street.

Hopefully Whaler and/or Dgrrl will return and post some photos of the Grande event.

A Good Afternoon..At the Grande Ballroom..John Collier Always a pleasure!!!...Sorry I lost you..We went Inside...Will post Photos later....
    Last edited by Whaler; March-18-10 at 09:07 AM.

Firstlady.........killer Michigan photos!! Thanks. I know Markley has had his kayak up in some of those places.

Hey Glmn.....you got a name for your kayak? My bicycle is "Diablo", after Zorro's horse. The vatos like it.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; October-07-09 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey gang....wish I could have been with y'all at the Grande, Looking forward to you pics Whaler.......

Loved the pics of Mich

OK ....If you haven't read, or heard about this already, You have to check out or find the news articles about the Simalia pirates that attacked the wrong ship....and attacked a French Gun Ship by mistake....damn I wish they were all that stupid

Whaler,

Nice to meet ya today!
    The cops were on your tail moments after you left ! >

I have an advance Grande video clip from Wednesday posted for Facebook members only:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....0004659&ref=nf

This weekend I may release it wide to the masses.

Leo B