Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Fast foods, strip malls, and parking lots? That is why Detroiters are lazy since they drive more than walk [[parking lots and strip malls) and are the fattist people in the country[[fast foods). You see how GM's plans still have a grip on detroit. If GMC had made buses you could see why they used to be so unreliable. The busses often broke down. All of this just to get Detroiters and the surrounding areas to invest in automobiles. Come on.... Detroit labled "THE MOTOR CITY' In GM's mind they city has to represent. Someone had mentioned about a city where the buildings in the strip mall are pushed up to the front and the parking lot in the back. That is the way detroit, highland park, and other parts of the city had squashed most of the urban plans and ideas. The leaders had been getting their hand's greased by companies that has something to do the the automobile or anything that uses tires and gas.
    This is such bullshit. People are fat because they don't exercise and eat crappy foods. People were fat before the evil G.M. et,al conspired to make us all drive our cars everywhere all the time.

Why don't you read the link I provided instead of spewing this regurgitated bullshit about something that never happened.

Oh btw there are many parks and trails and state parks and recreation depts and county fitness facilities where people can go to become healthier........unless G.M.[[Whatever that is now)is conspiring to keep us all fat and drving.

Retroit Guest

I wonder if there ever was a "Great American Horse and Buggy Scandal"? Imagine all the horse and hay farmers that went broke. Damn that Henry Ford!

Retroit Guest

Why would you put a parking lot in the back of a business and make everyone [[except the very few people that walk) to walk all the way around the store just to get to the front entrance. I understand buildings need to "communicate" with the street, but this is the 21st Century, let them communicate via telephone!

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Why would you put a parking lot in the back of a business and make everyone [[except the very few people that walk) to walk all the way around the store just to get to the front entrance. I understand buildings need to "communicate" with the street, but this is the 21st Century, let them communicate via telephone!
    Pulling businesses forward is not the same as builing lots behind businesses. Here is a link to the area I introduced several posts back.

Notice the density and connectivity? Landscaping? Sidewalks? Bus Pull Outs? Bike lanes? Now compare this to our typically suburban development pattern. Depressed? You should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Well let's see hummmmm. Hey Retroit how about designing the stores where there are doors that lead out to the streets and doors that lead out to the parking lot.