I've had opportunities to remove furniture and artifacts from countless buildings in Detroit. Amongst them the MCD, Book-Cadillac, Book Tower, AAA-UA Theatre, Michigan Theatre, Tuller, Leland, Statler, Broderick, etc. I'm not much of an explorer. Usually the first and second floors are okay to check out. There were some great pieces in the Tuller that I wanted badly [[a claw's foot, slate, blackboard, for example), going so far as to move them near the exits. In the end, I couldn't do it. It might've been okay if I'd taken stuff and donated some of it to museums. I don't know. And despite occasional regrets, I don't feel bad about my decisions. I had pieces I bought from former owner's of the Tuller. I also had furniture from Fisher Brother's homes, given to me by, and some bought from, friend's who owned the homes. The Gar Wood is another example. I could've easily had drawings blueprints, photos and furnishings. As much as it pains me to know that stuff is mostly gone forever [[who knows where and when something will re-appear?) I'm at peace that I didn't take it. How would I explain it to my former housemates? I particularly remember crashing in a room with piles of cushions, drawings, blueprints and other artifacts. I slept on that stuff, not really knowing, or even caring, about it's historic worth.