Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm in favor of the idea...A legendary name in the community is always better than any corp.

I think Ernie is happy with the statue they have there.
    Anything else would be too much for him. The guy is humble and wouldn't want that kind of a fuss.
    I've met the guy and he is honored to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame but I doubt he'd want a stadium named after him.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    I think Ernie is happy with the statue they have there.
    Anything else would be too much for him. The guy is humble and wouldn't want that kind of a fuss.
    I've met the guy and he is honored to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame but I doubt he'd want a stadium named after him.
    I would support it but I agree with dadeeo that Mr. Harwell would say it is just too much. Let's face it though, the days of naming proffesional ballpark's and stadium's anything but corporate names other than Yankee's Stadium is over. I think we should digress and get back to naming them after great people or teams again.