Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
The EPA and MIOSHA have never confirmed that asbestos was circulating, they were simply working on the theory that the places they tested [[ie. obvious sources of asbestos: piping, ductwork, etc) had become torn and thus become free and airborne. The dust was never tested.

The concern about lead is a good concern but once again a lot of old buildings contain lead find me an old building in detroit that doesn't contain it!

Obviously things were done poorley and I like the question about Hollywood being in the building, I wonder how all the basketball players and extras in "Crossover" feel about it? They cleaned that area way more than we volunteers did, the film company put an entire basketball court, lights, PA system, etc etc etc inside the main waiting area [[Wayne Brady would be pissed, as would Shia Lebouf - though he simply ran through the building he wasn't brooming up the space).
Quit trying to dodge the issue of Summer in the City exposing [[exploiting?!) teen-aged volunteers for what? To help a billionaire? Anybody with half a brain knew there are environmental hazards in that building. Dan Stamper is lying in the report when he says they didn't know.

The idea of how these kids and their goodwill toward the city were exploited makes my blood boil. At the same time, I'm amazed that on a left-leaning forum like this, everybody's making excuses for "The Man."