I remember the "tour guide" [[firefighter) that we had told us the tall part of the structure was and old apartment building and the lower half were classrooms that were later added on. And forgive me, it was more than 15 years ago now that I think of it. It was probably closer to 20+ years ago, around 2000 maybe. I was teaching at Hutchins Middle School, roughly 12th and Clairmont, ground ZERO for the 67' riots. [[The national guard slept in Hutchins, swam in our pools, showered in our lockerooms, they took over my classroom, the whole building.) Sorry, getting old. Time slips away. Loosing track of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I REALLY appreciate your reply. Thank you. I was very excited to look into this location. I am very familiar with the building because I have seen a training video from the mid-60s of firefighters doing work inside that building. And I have an image of an officer standing guard just outside that building in July '67. I tried really hard to make that building work, but I cannot make it match up. Yes, I tried the other sides too. Do you know if there might have been major changes to that building between the early 50's and today? OR do you have any other suggestions? There is no wrong answer. If you give me some leads, I'll merrily go research them even if they take me nowhere. Thanks again. Name:  This is your police dept background DFD.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  39.9 KB