Edibles are all regulated to be 10mg per dose, regardless of form or how they're packaged.

Weed is no longer tested the same way it was back in the 70's and 80's. Nothing has changed except access to the products. In the 70's, you could buy some seeded garbage 'mexican/jamaican/mohican' from your shady neighbor. You could also get some primo Maui wowie from Hawaii shipped in a sealed coconut can that would knock your socks off. At any legal dispensary today, you can buy an ounce of weed from $50 to $300 bucks depending on quality, and that weed is inspected and clean. Not much different than your consumer choice between a Bud light and a shot of whiskey.

California is a unique situation for several reasons. It's a prime outdoor growing area, and the 'illegal' market was well established and pretty much condoned by local law enforcement.

I still have access to illegal weed, but I refuse to purchase. I'm more than willing to pay my legal taxes in the name of safety and cutting out the middleman. I'm not going to help you smoke for free and avoid the taxes. I don't drink illegal white lightning either.

On a personal note, I've been on a one-man mission to get these local dispensaries to seal my purchases with a stapler after verifying the contents and delivering it to my car in a paper bag. If I get stopped by the cops, I don't want there to be any confusion about me sampling the products on the way home.