Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

With us it is $150 and if you dispute it it’s $350,if you do not pay it you are unable to re-new your registration,they are only located in low income eras as a rule.

I have been at the light and have watched them click away at cars that were doing nothing wrong.

I got one,left turn on green arrow,when I went to court the traffic light was blurry so you could not even distinguish between the colors of the traffic light to begin with.

They base it on the majority will just pay the $150 without dispute,guilty or not,because when I was in court several were dismissed.

But in the bigger picture there is a new system being implemented,using AÍ it collects everybody’s plates and and tracks your traffic patterns.

They busted a drug dealer that was doing deliveries in another part of the state,not because he was under suspicion but because the collection of his daily driving pattern showed that he was taking a route once a week and only stopping for 10 minutes at the same location every time,so he was flagged by the system as a potential target for further investigation.

Where I am at they have placed portable plate capture equipment,looks like those things that tell you your speed,but with a long pole with multiple câmaras,they put them a major intersections to capture everybody’s tag and store it in the system.

The agreement for the red light câmaras was they would not store the information permanently,but it looks like they are now stacking multiple systems in order to do exactly that.

Getting like China - cannot leave the house or return without being under video surveillance the entire time.
    Last edited by Richard; July-19-23 at 10:15 AM.