Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Can someone provide a link to this story? I checked on freep.com and google and came up with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomfield Pills View Post
    Can someone provide a link to this story? I checked on freep.com and google and came up with nothing.
    DETROIT: Woman, 90, is assaulted, her SUV stolen

A 90-year-old Detroit woman was hurt Sunday when a man pushed her to the ground and stole her SUV when she was on her way to church, Detroit police said.

The woman was in temporary serious condition at a local hospital after the incident in front of her house on Cascade at about 9:30 a.m., Police Department spokesman John Roach said. He said she had minor injuries.

Roach said police were looking for the suspect and the woman's red 2007 Jeep Cherokee with a handicap license plate. He did not have the license plate number.

He said the suspect is described as 13 to 19 years old, 5-foot-6, clean shaven with a fade haircut.

Another punk who should be held up for ridicule who is instead looking fresh in his fade and stolen Cherokee. If this happened where and when I grew up, the perp would likely get his ass beaten, and would certainly be turned over to the police. Does any reader doubt that at least one or two, possibly dozens of others, know the details of this crime? Why have they not come forward?
    Last edited by Bobl; August-31-09 at 07:22 PM.

Maybe it was some kind of higher beings plan for her to be mugged <sarcasm what is the point of going to church if youre imaginary buddy isnt going to protect you? If there is an intervening God why did she get mugged. Maybe her congregation should just 'pray' <more sarcasm -for the assailant.

Sludgedaddy Guest

"Little Old Lady Got Mutilated Last Night....Werewolves of Trumbull Again"...with apologies to Warren Zavon.

I met an elderly gent a few days back while strolling through the garbage strewn and ailianthus foliated alleys north of Hamtramck. He walked with two mutant meat hounds on a leash and showed me his side arm ,as he warned me of the possible dangers I might face walking in such a place.

It's good to know that this Polish Terminator has the means to close the generation gap and generate more revenue for those that sell those Chinese made teddy bears for make-shift memorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sludgedaddy View Post
    "Little Old Lady Got Mutilated Last Night....Werewolves of Trumbull Again"...with apologies to Warren Zavon.

I met an elderly gent a few days back while strolling through the garbage strewn and ailianthus foliated alleys north of Hamtramck. He walked with two mutant meat hounds on a leash and showed me his side arm ,as he warned me of the possible dangers I might face walking in such a place.

It's good to know that this Polish Terminator has the means to close the generation gap and generate more revenue for those that sell those Chinese made teddy bears for make-shift memorials.
    Honestly, I live on McPherson east of JC and there are lots of elderly folks on my block. Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly a garden spot, but our older neighbors seem quite comfortable working in their yards, walking to the market and just making their presence known. I myself as a young female have walked around my neighborhood at 1 am just to see what there is to see...honestly there isn't much.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Maybe it was some kind of higher beings plan for her to be mugged <sarcasm what is the point of going to church if youre imaginary buddy isnt going to protect you? If there is an intervening God why did she get mugged. Maybe her congregation should just 'pray' <more sarcasm -for the assailant.
    can't have one without the other -- Theodicy

Amazing how flip some people are when defenseless old folks and kids get rubbed out in this town. Big joke. Try having it happen to you.
    I think there is more outrage here when an old building is threatened with demolition.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Amazing how flip some people are when defenseless old folks and kids get rubbed out in this town. Big joke. Try having it happen to you.
    I think there is more outrage here when an old building is threatened with demolition.
    And as has been shown in cases where old buildings are threatened with demolition, ranting and blind outrage accomplish nothing. Somebody [[who?) needs to get off their collective asses and DO something.